Friday, March 11, 2011

Yan Yan

There are just some things you can't let go.  In my case, I couldn't get over some of the goodies from childhood. One of them is a canister of crackers and chocolate dip.  If the west has cheese and crackers snacks for children, the east has chocolate dip instead of cheese.  And I must say, ours is better than theirs.  I still like cheese and crackers, mind you but it's not as enjoyable as chocolate.

Yan Yan was for special days back then.  I think I was able to eat them only when I was going out for a field trip.  It was expensive back then and it is still relatively expensive to eat one nowadays.

Children today can read words on the crackers.  Mostly, three letter word.  And at the other end of the stick is the short clue of what that word is.  If I was a kid, I would read each one.  But now that I'm an adult and I'm just after the enjoyment of eating, I don't bother to read them at all.

I think Meiji's Yan Yan's chocolate dip is in line with that of Nutella.  It doesn't taste the same but you enjoy it as much.

I had Yan Yan for dinner last night.  And I had nothing but good dreams and a deep sleep.

10 comments:

  1. I remembered myself munching on this when I was a kid :)

    Mabili nga :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this too! yan yan = yum yum. hope you're having a great time with your lovely princess. happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love yanyan too! =) i remember having it as baon when i was in pre-school LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always buy YanYan for my baby. Pero ako naman din lagi ang umuubos! haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh... I love Yan-yan too. I remembered asking for it from my grandfather everytime we went to the grocery when I was still young. Kaya lang di ako pinagbibigyan. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of my childhood! Namiss ko tuloy pumapak nito. I remember enjoying it as a child. Aside from Yan-Yan, I also love Iced Gem biscuits and Champola sticks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy. aside form yanyan, i also like fibisco choco mallows and iced gems! :D

    ReplyDelete